[X2Go-User] keyboard layout driving me insane

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:18:10 CEST 2018

On client side, I have layout set to map caps lock to ctrl.  I need this
also when using x2go!  But it seems hard to achieve.  In x2go, I try both
'autodetect keyboard' and 'don't configure keyboard'.  I try mate, xfce,
lxde.  On the server side I would like to try also configure keyboard
layout, but I don't find any good way to do it on those window managers.
Unfortunately, neither KDE nor GNOME will work (both client and server are
fedora 28).

Sometimes I seem to hit a combination that works, but then when if the
connection is terminated and I try again, it's once again not preserving my
key remapping.  This is driving me nuts!  Any recommendations?