[X2Go-User] client name

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Thu Aug 2 22:27:38 CEST 2018

Am 02.08.2018 um 22:16 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:
> What exactly is the reason for the xmodmap stuff? We aim to always
> ensure a proper keyboard setting. I even have code that replicates the
> client's keyboard configuration (unfortunately still not in production
> code).

He explained it in another message - he is switching between machines
with regular vs. rather uncomfortable keyboard layouts - in the latter
case, he would need to use Fn + someotherkey for otherwise rather common
keys.

Quoth the raven, err, the richard:

>> I use the x2go-server from various devices with sometimes some weird
>> keyboards. On some devices I mapped certain keys to functions like PgUp
>> and PgDn because otherwise these keys need "Fn + key" combination and
>> I'd like to keep these setting in the x2go session.

So I guess the question is if it would be possible to use a custom,
additional keyboard layout on the Server, and just specify this when
connecting from one of those "weird" machines (IIRC, this uses setxkbmap
in the background), instead of having to rely on an xmodmap hack.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur