[X2Go-User] X2go session won't connect

Paul Borowicz paul at borowicz.org
Wed Apr 18 21:47:50 CEST 2018

I've been wrestling with a strange error that only seemed to be affecting
my Linux laptop (OpenSUSE Tumbleweed), connecting to my Linux server
(OpenSUSE LEAP). Sessions seemed to start, but wouldn't connect. If I tried
to connect a 2nd time, it appeared to offer me an existing session, but
would not connect.

The client scrolled errors related to "unknown remote host 'localhost', and
"unable to resolve remote host 'localhost'.

Turned out I had removed the localhost entry from my /etc/hosts file.

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost
---------

Adding this back, fixed this problem.

I'm sending this email in case it is helpful to others. I couldn't seem to
find any documentation mentioning localhost.

Paul Borowicz