[X2Go-User] Best Linux Distro for x2go server sessions as of April 2018?

Jason Heeris jason.heeris at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 04:11:44 CEST 2018

On Sat., 14 Apr. 2018, 12:02 pm John Stoffel, <john at stoffel.org> wrote:

> But at my $WORK, where we're mostly RHEL/CentOS based, it looks like
> sticking with CentOS 6.9 is the best solution currently.   Which kinda
> stinks.  Does Fedora work better or at least just as well when running
> the Mate desktop?

I can't comment on Fedora, but I know that with Ubuntu being Gnome 3-based
by default too, XFCE seems to work a bit better than other stripped down
DEs; that is, when other parts of the distro assume Gnome (or are only
tested on Gnome), fewer things seem to break under XFCE. Having said that,
I've used it for so long as a server DE my opinion on this could be out of
date.

— Jason