[X2Go-User] USB forwarding documentation

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Mon Nov 20 15:24:57 CET 2017

Am 07.11.2017 um 23:56 schrieb Seth Galitzer:
> On 11/07/2017 03:49 PM, Stefan Baur wrote:
>> Am 07.11.2017 um 21:41 schrieb Seth Galitzer:
>>> I'm calling xfreerdp from TCE to connect directly to the RDP server.
>>> I've been trying to find the right cli options for xfreerdp to use for
>>> this, but documentation is pretty light on this and I have yet to find
>>> something that works.
>>>
>>> If I run dmesg on the thin client device from within the TCE desktop, I
>>> can see that my flash drive is recognized, but it's not getting mounted.
>>> That sounds like a udev issue within debian, but I was hoping somebody
>>> on the list had already solved this problem.
>>
>> So your actually have two problems:
>> 1) getting the automounter to mount your flash drive.
>
> I've found two ways to do this so far:
> A) Install usbmount package (https://usbmount.alioth.debian.org/). I've
> tested this and it works, but needs some tweaking to produce a
> reliable/duplicatable mount point. This claims to work for vfat, ext*
> and hfs.
>
> B) Configure udev to use pmount when a USB storage device is detected
> (https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/124060). I haven't tested this yet,
> but if the above option works, I'm guessing this is the manual
> implementation of it, so it should work.
I have updated the X2Go-automounter script.
Assuming you are using the build instructions at
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:tce>, especially
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:tce#live-patching_the_build>,
you should now be able to automatically mount VFAT, NTFS, HFS, HPFS out
of the box (as previously mentioned, under
/media/vendor_model/partitiondevice). Once my further changes (currently
only stored locally on my computer) make it to the git repos, you will
also be able to access ext* filesystems, albeit in read-only mode only.

So neither usbmount nor udev/pmount should be necessary.
If automounting still fails for you without them, please provide more
info about your setup.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur