[X2Go-User] USB forwarding documentation

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Tue Nov 7 19:37:37 CET 2017

Am 07.11.2017 um 18:59 schrieb Seth Galitzer:
> I know this is a FAQ, but I've been unable to find an answer on my own.
>
> I'd like to be able to redirect a local USB flash drive to a remote
> Windows host. I'm using TCE from a debian image deployed to my thin
> client devices.
>
> If this is possible, what's the magic recipe to make this work?

X2Go doesn't do generic USB device forwarding - at all.
What it can forward are local file shares - that's also how printing is
currently handled.
A USB mass storage device or optical drive is exposed as a file share,
then forwarded - as long as we're talking about native X2Go sessions,
that magic recipe is the package x2gousbmount (on the client) and the
patch for it that's part of the TCE-Live build scripts.

However, for RDP, we currently don't have anything like that built in.
Are you using RDP in direct mode or with an X2Go Server inbetween?

With direct mode, you might be able to pass /usb or /drive as a
parameter to xfreerdp in the session config. Untested, but might already
do the trick.
For RDP + X2Go Server mode, things will probably be a bit more hairy.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur