[X2Go-User] Can't resume sessions on CentOS 7

h i qpile117 at outlook.com
Tue Mar 7 22:59:57 CET 2017

Hello,

We've had issues resuming suspended sessions. We connect to a linux server from different client machines (PC and Mac) using x2go. For some reason, after suspending sessions, we cannot resume sessions.

We receive messages such as:

X2Go-52
The remote proxy closed the connection while negotiating the session. This may be due to the wrong authentication credentials passed to the server.

or

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.

See http://www.nomachine.com/<https://umail.umaryland.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=WiEk1KdXvbDNgUFiMIUhnXCARdz6hKaTXxSJveOUghgBV-jFo2XUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nomachine.com%2f> for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '8xxx'.

Session: Starting session at 'Tue Jan 24 11:17:00 2017'.

Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:xxxxx'.

Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:xxxx' established.

Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.

Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_32'. Assuming agent session.

Warning: Failed to read data from the X auth command.

Warning: Generated a fake cookie for X authentication.

Info: Using LAN link parameters xxx/24/1/0.

Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde-depth_32'.

Info: Not using NX delta compression.

Info: Not using ZLIB data compression.

Info: Not using ZLIB stream compression.

Info: Not using a persistent cache.

Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display 'localhost:0'.

Session: Session started at 'Tue Jan 24 11:17:00 2017'.

Warning: Cookie mismatch in the X authentication data.

Session: Terminating session at 'Tue Jan 24 11:17:05 2017'.

Info: Your session was closed before reaching a usable state.

Info: This can be due to the local X server refusing access to the client.

Info: Please check authorization provided by the remote X application.

Session: Session terminated at 'Tue Jan 24 11:17:05 2017'.

Connection timeout, aborting

NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Or

The only way to resolve this problem is using the following two commands on the server:

rm -rf /tmp/.x2go-username/
 rm -rf ~/.x2go/C-username-*

After 2 attempts, we can log into the server using x2go, but a new session is started. The previous open session is terminated.

Is there a reason why this is happening? Is there an option to select during installation/configuration to prevent these resume problems?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.