[X2Go-User] Python3-x2go

Seth Galitzer sgsax at ksu.edu
Wed Mar 1 19:00:12 CET 2017

Wyse (Dell) D50D, running embedded Suse Linux, which seems to be a
special compressed minimal image based on that distro. I have 56 of them
in my lab. After trying for a year to find out if/how I could build my
own X2go package, I finally talked to a tech who said it wouldn't be
possible and they were in the process of rolling out a new Linux image
across their product line. That's the one who also told me it was
ordinary x86 hardware and there wasn't any reason I couldn't roll my own.

Wyse used to have a pretty nice forum and wiki with user-contributed
documentation, and I seem to recall finding info on building custom
packages for the platform there. That all eventually disappeared when
Dell acquired the company and I apparently didn't save anything I had
gathered previously. That's why I'm building my own platform now.

Seth