[X2Go-User] Python3-x2go

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Wed Mar 1 14:31:11 CET 2017

Am 01.03.2017 um 14:17 schrieb brian town:
> Hmm i'll have to give that a look too. I wrote a broker in python that
> calls the x2goclient and passes a bunch of commands along to it but it
> would be great to not have the client window open up at all and just do
> it all via CLI.

You're aware that X2Go has an official Session Broker written in Python,
and there's even a bunch of automated installation scripts for a demo
setup using LDAP, NFS, Postgres, one Broker and two X2GoServers?
See: <http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:x2gobroker>

Also, quoting "man x2goclient":
       --hide Hide client (start hidden, default: false).

--> No visible X2GoClient window.

> Right now my setup is using LTSP to push down the image
> to the clients, and from that they use x2go to connect to remote VMs.
> It's a huge pain but our environment is really weird.

I think you should really evaluate our new Debian-Live based TCE. It can
be booted over the net as well as installed on local storage or
removable media.

As already stated in my previous post, see:
<http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:tce>
As well as <http://x2go.baur-itcs.de/x2go-tce-stable/> for some demo
builds you can tinker with.

Kind Regards,