[X2Go-User] X2Go vs. XRDP

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Tue Jun 13 22:00:36 CEST 2017

Hello,

Stefan wrote:
> After having spent very much time trying to optimise X2Go to make it
> perform acceptably, I gave up.

I'm sad to say I've also given up :-(
It's due to this: https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1085

(If there were a more enterprise-friendly support setup for X2Go instead
of the donation-option, then I think I could convince my organization to
purchase some kind of support offering.)

Anyway:

I know some people who are happily using MobaXterm:
http://www.mobatek.net/
It seems that with MobaXterm product, it's possible to log in using SSH
and thereby have the user administration integrated with Active
Directory, etc. (Which is better than XRDP and plain old VNC, as far as I
know).

--
Troels