[X2Go-User] Transport endpoint is not connected? RE: Shared Folders, from Windows to Debian8

KARL A. WOELFER kwoelfer at uw.edu
Thu Jan 26 15:24:45 CET 2017

Thank you again Stefan for the more detailed instructions, I am ~closer.

I selected automount for one folder on my WIndows client, "Benchmarking"

>From X2go, on the Debian 8 server side I see :

lrwxrwxrwx    1 kw* kw*           25 Jan 25 12:49 media -> /tmp/.x2go-kw*/media

kw*@chdd:~/media$ cd disk
kw*@chdd:~/media/disk$ ls -alrt

ls: cannot access _mnt_home_kw*_.x2go_ssh_key.Ja4672__cygdrive_C_Users_KARLWO1_DOCUME1_BENCHM1: Transport endpoint is not connected
total 8
d????????? ? ?        ?           ?            ? _mnt_home_kw*_.x2go_ssh_key.Ja4672__cygdrive_C_Users_KARLWO1_DOCUME1_BENCHM1

(??? above are the Unix file attributes)
This directory entry then goes away.

kw*@chdd:~/media/disk$ ls -alrt /tmp/.x2go-kw*/media/disk
total 8
drwx------ 5 kw* kw* 4096 Jan 25 13:03 ..
drwx------ 2 kw* kw* 4096 Jan 25 13:04 .

Transport endpoint not connected doesn't sound good, but I don't know what  to do with this information.

I also don't know the significance of the
_mnt_home_kw*_.x2go_ssh_key.Ja4672__

which precedes the _cygdrive_ name that we are expecting.

Is there something more I should have installed/running (Cygwin for example) on my Windows 7 laptop?

X2go client is version 4.0.5.0 (Qt 4.8.6)

Thanks for any and all help with this,
- Karl