[X2Go-User] OpenSuse Leap 42

Robert Dinse nanook at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 22 14:06:33 CET 2017

On Sun, 22 Jan 2017, Stefan Baur wrote:
> Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 12:58:20 +0100
> From: Stefan Baur <X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de>
> To: Robert Dinse <nanook at eskimo.com>
> Cc: x2go-user at lists.x2go.org
> Subject: Re: [X2Go-User] OpenSuse Leap 42
>
> Am 22.01.2017 um 12:54 schrieb Robert Dinse:
>>      Also, the fact that I don't get this error when I simply ssh to the
>> site
>> with the same username, which would also execute these scripts, tells me
>> that
>> is not the issue.
>
> Since you can use if-clauses in such scripts, I wouldn't have wanted to
> rule that out before checking.  Also, connecting interactively with
> plain ssh does do things differently - wait: what happens when you do this:
>
> ssh user at host echo

      This logs in normally with no errors:

/home/nanook >ssh nanook at opensuse echo
Password:

/home/nanook >hostname
opensuse
/home/nanook >

> ssh -T user at host echo

      After I type the password the remote machine immediately closes the
connection with no error message.

> ssh -t user at host echo

      With this one I get a message stating that the connection was closed
instead of droping directly to my command prompt.

> Any difference between the three outputs?

      As noted above.  Thanks.