[X2Go-User] X2Go crash from Mac/MATE to Fedora 25 w NIS user getting x2gostartagent: blocking creation of agent's keyboard file

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Tue Feb 28 17:51:42 CET 2017

On 28.02.2017 05:31 PM, Robert Kudyba wrote:
> My colleague is giving up on MATE. And XFCE has been having intermittent issues and here are some errors/logs. Anything stick out?

Difficult to say without knowing what to look for?

I've seen kgpg crashing in that log, but that may or may not be a problem.

The missing Composite and Fixes extensions are normal - you won't get any
compositing effects, but that's okay.

Other than that, there's no major problem recorded in there.

This said, I've had a user on FC25 yesterday on IRC and he has reported problems
with Emacs - which was built with GTK3 support. After he rebuilt it with GTK2,
it started to work.

I also (ab)used him to test MATE and found out that mate-session is crashing
upon start. Any GTK3 application crashes, basically, because of a bug in al
ibrary used by GTK3 (libepoxy), that has been filed in Red Hats bugtracker for
Fedora 24 already and fixed upstream for a while.

The root cause of that is that for some reason the GLX version is not reported
correctly - instead a NULL pointer is thrown out. I don't see this behavior on
Debian Jessie, which hints at a deeper problem with our nx-libs builds on Fedora
25 (and maybe even 24?)

I haven't yet been able to figure out why nxagent isn't doing what it should be
doing, though.

Mihai