[X2Go-User] x2goagent -nolisten tcp

Mark Dixon m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Feb 17 16:48:50 CET 2017

Hi there,

I found this option in /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options that I'd like to
comment out on a multi-user system, but am more than a little scared by
the attached comment:

   # Launch X2Go's X-server x2goagent with option "-nolisten tcp".
   #
   # This is the default setting and the X2Go developers really recommend not to
   # touch this. However, if you play with this (i.e. if you comment it out) you
   # should really know what you are doing.
   #
   # For everyone else: don't touch the line below!!!
   X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=" -nolisten tcp"

Is there any more detail behind the recommendation, please? Without more
explanation, I feel that I might not know what I'm doing :)

[I have a multi-user compute cluster with a batch scheduler, fronted by a
login node with X2GO installed. I'd like to set a valid DISPLAY variable
in an interactive batch job on a compute node, allowing it to run an X
application which would then connect back to the x2goagent running on the
login node]

Thanks,

Mark