[X2Go-User] X2Go Client: Kex error : no match for method server host

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Thu Feb 16 01:42:39 CET 2017

Am 16.02.2017 um 01:37 schrieb jmmec2014 at yahoo.com:
> I took your example but it didn't work for me:  I edited
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the server and restarted ssh, but X2GO still
> complained with the same kex error, but Pyhoca is still OK.
>
> I'll take a closer read and will try it again soon; maybe I messed up
> somehwere.

The catch is that everything below the "#  KexAlgorithms" line needs to
be *on one line*.

E-Mail clients usually wrap the line somewhere in the middle and insert
a newline character, so when you copy-paste it from E-Mail, it will add
3 lines instead of 2, which will confuse the heck out of sshd instead of
fixing the issue.

E.g. in my E-Mail client, there's a line wrap at
"diffie-hellman-group-exchange-". Make sure it says
"diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1...", not
"diffie-hellman-group-exchange-
sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1..."

-Stefan