[X2Go-User] Compression method guidance

Walid MOGHRABI w.moghrabi at servicemagic.eu
Fri Feb 10 12:54:51 CET 2017

Hi,

>From my own testing, in a LAN setup, I found these settings to be my best choices :

* 16m-jpeg : good overall performances, especially with animated contents or videos at the cost of a small artefacts and blurryness around small texts
* 16m-rdp-compressed : good compromise between smoothness and readability
* 16m-png-jpeg : great readability, smoothness is good except for animated contents/videos

The name format is not named from the bpp but from the bandwidth it consumes.
For your use case, with mostly text based apps, I would recommend 2m-png-jpeg, should be good.

Regards,
Walid Moghrabi

TRAVAUX.COM
BAT I - PARC CEZANNE 2 290 AVENUE GALILEE - CS 80403
13591 AIX EN PROVENCE CEDEX 3