[X2Go-User] Turn off ALL clipborad interaction -- even PRIMARY (middle mouse clicking activities)?

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Fri Feb 3 11:20:58 CET 2017

Am 03.02.2017 um 11:08 schrieb Erik Starbäck:

> But it did MORE than just override the client option, becuse without
> this setting the client setting "disable clipboard completely" does
> still share the "PRIMARY X clipboard stuff (middle click and
> stuff...)"

Whether or not PRIMARY clipboard is used is a global setting in
X2GoClient, not a per-session setting (If you're interested why it is
like that, we'd have to ask the developers.).
Go to Options -> Settings -> X-Server settings and check the box to
disable it.

> What I try to achieve is a graphical login for handling sensitive
> data. All import and export to the system need to be logged. (we use
> sftp)
>
> Of course the users can screenshot the display, but at least it should
> be a bit unpractical to get a lot of stuff out from the system.
>
> So generic ssh is not allowed
> The folder sharing stuff is turned off (I hope :-)  (Just changes a
> couple of x2g-programs to "exit 0" :-)
> And now no simple cut and paste

There is a command line parameter to X2GoClient that hides all folder
sharing options.  However, if users are able to run X2GoClient without
parameters (or run their own copy by plugging in USB media, possibly
booting from it), then they can bypass it.
However, changing /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf's umask value might add some
additional annoyance for people that try to bypass your setting. :->

Oh, and since you're using X2Go in a commercial environment ...

<shameless plug>
X2Go also has a commercial side, where various companies - including my
own - offer support contracts with guaranteed response times as well as
consultancy and paid-for development work if someone wants to see a bug
fixed or a new feature added in a certain time frame. What makes my
company special is, IMHO:

1) I'm the current X2Go Project/Community Coordinator, so the
development lead and the developers tend to listen to me.
2) As far as I know, we are the only company providing X2Go support that
isn't a one-man-show.
3) We sub-contract other developers from the X2Go community on demand,
so you only have one person you need to talk to - me - and you will only
receive one invoice, even if the task involved several freelance or
part-time X2Go developers.

Our hourly rate for consultancy work and fixing issues outside of a
support contract is 110 EUR. With a support contract, you get guaranteed
response times and lower hourly rates if you buy a certain amount of
hours in advance.
</shameless plug>

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur