[X2Go-User] Updating from X2Go's Debian repository fails due to GPG error NO_PUBKEY F4A7678C9C6B0B2B

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Wed Sep 14 18:23:32 CEST 2016

On 13.09.2016 12:49 PM, Holger Krause wrote:
> since last night running 'aptitude update' gives an error on a machine with
> X2Go's Debian repository added:
>
> W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is
> not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
> http://packages.x2go.org jessie InRelease: The following signatures couldn't
> be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
> F4A7678C9C6B0B2B
>
> According to http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:debian I would
> expect the file to be signed with key E1F958385BFE2B6E. Has the key to sign
> the repository been changed by the project?

Yes, we have always been at war with Oce... err, I have changed the key for
signing Debian repository metadata recently to consolidate everything (both RPM
and DEB formats now use one key, apart from EPEL 5 which needs a weaker key.)

I'll be reverting back to the old key, then add new keys to the x2go-keyring
package, release that and switch to the new key in about 2 weeks. That sounds
better, right?

Mihai