[X2Go-User] Installation Instructions for mTelePlayer/Telekinesis?

Rudolf Mayer rudolf.mayer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:08:09 CEST 2016

Hi!

First of all, let me say thanks for providing X2Go, it's really great, I
am now using it everywhere instead of nomachine/freenx, which I have
enjoyed using for more than 10 years..

Now, I do have a recent use-case where I'd like to play-back video over
x2go, and I came across the mTelePlayer project; I saw that there are
Ubuntu packages in a PPA, but I am not totally sure how to set it up -
when I just start mTelePlayer on my remote x2go desktop, it just gives
me this message:

"No Telekinesis local socket available at: <someDir>
Is Telekinesis even running?"

Now, I am not sure where I have to run what; on my x2go server, I
installed mteleplayer, and then also both telekinesis-client and
-server. I then further installed both telekinesis also on the machine I
use as a client, and opened a new x2go session - still the same message.
I searched around, but couldn't find any Howto/readme.

Could you help me out with some short instructions?

Thanks,
Rudolf