[X2Go-User] Enable sound on x2go tce

Walid MOGHRABI w.moghrabi at servicemagic.eu
Mon Oct 31 19:08:49 CET 2016

Hi Olaf,

I'm completely sure you can make your USB Headset work in TCE mode since it only rely on Pulseaudio which is tunneled from the client to the server, I already use this and sound and microphone are working perfect.
Webcam is a much more complicated issue since the TCE kernel will certainly recognize your USB webcam but it won't transport the video stream to the server the way Pulseaudio does with sound.

Maybe there is a way but this is far beyond my skills regarding X2Go.
Not sure if you really need video with Skype but for sure, audio calls will work.

Regards.