[X2Go-User] Smartcard forwarding

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Wed Nov 23 17:57:07 CET 2016

Am 23.11.2016 um 17:31 schrieb J.Witvliet at mindef.nl:

> Does anyone around here knows if smartcard (PKI, not gpg) forwarding
> works with x2go ?
>
> It is something available within Citrix, a product I would rather avoid
> for a number of reasons.
>

> Note, that something like USB-forwarding of the local card-reader is no
> option.

USB forwarding is currently not implemented at all.

I've pinged Heinz as one of the two original creators of X2Go to find
out if the code for the smartcard auth system they originally had is
still in working condition, if it used PKI, and if it allows for forwarding.

FYI: What they did back then was intended as a replacement for SunRay
terminals, where you would insert a smartcard and would see your remote
desktop. Unplug the card, insert it in the next terminal, your remote
desktop follows you along.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur