[X2Go-User] Adding old style fonts to X server?

Ulrich Sibiller uli42 at gmx.de
Sun Nov 13 23:08:29 CET 2016

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can I do something like edit /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options
>> and add -fp catalogue:/etc/X11/fontpath.d,built-ins
>> as an option? (On both source and target systems).
>
> I tried that and x2go dies when starting the remote
> session, but I did discover that I can manually

Looking at the source I cannot find any reference to the string
"catalogue", so it is obvious that nx 3.5.x does not support that.
BUT: the upcoming nx 3.6.x uses all the Xorg libraries (except one)
from the installed system instead of bringing its own (old) versions
of the according libs. And in the current source of libXfont I can
find the string.

So you should try to use the current development version and build an
according rpm. Clone from here
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs and run rpmbuild -ba
nx-libs.spec.

> expand the path into a list of directories and
> I do get additional fonts that way, so to get the
> terminus font I really need to be able to see
> characters in emacs on a 4K monitor, adding this
> to /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options seems to work:
>
> X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=" -fp /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/share/X11/fonts/100dpi/,/usr/share/fonts/terminus/"

> If there were other fonts I needed, I assume I could
> add them to the list as well.

I am currently unsure where the x2go font path comes from. Maybe the
font setting stuff should be improved in x2go.

Uli