[X2Go-User] Clipboard and virt-viewer?

Ulrich Sibiller ulrich.sibiller at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 22:31:14 CET 2016

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Check of you have a clipboard manager running and disable it.
>
> I don't run anything like that normally, but
> I have this feeling that virt-viewer does something
> that might resemble a clipboard manager so it
> can capture the selection and send the info about
> it into the virtual machine. I know the virtual machine
> needs to be running an "agent" service to talk to the
> outside world via a virtual serial port (or something
> like that, anyway - I'm very fuzzy on the details :-).

;-)

> Of course I'm also fuzzy on the details about how
> x2go deals with selections, so that's fuzzy squared :-).

Well, I sometimes use virt-manager via nx, but I have not tried using
cut'n'paste there. I have no access to that environment currently, so
I cannot check.

Due to a bug in Ubuntu around 2012
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libxrandr/+bug/985202) x2go
had disabled XFIXES in the default settings for some time. So maybe
this is disablement is still valid in your environment. Please check
/etc/x2go/x2goagent.options. This should NOT be in there:

X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=" -extension XFIXES"

You can also check this inside your session by running xdpyinfo | grep XFIXES.

Uli