[X2Go-User] Xfce4 and kioskrc on Centos 7.2

Laurent Pouilloux laurent.pouilloux at ec-lyon.fr
Wed May 25 11:31:13 CEST 2016

Hello x2go users,

I'm quite new in administrating x2go and I'm trying to prevent users to
shutdown/reboot/suspend/hibernate the system with XFCE 4.12.

In a regular environment, one can enable kiosk mode by creating the file
/etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc and put in :
[xfce4-session]
CustomizeSplash=NONE
CustomizeChooser=NONE
CustomizeLogout=NONE
CustomizeCompatibility=NONE
Shutdown=NONE
CustomizeSecurity=NONE

However, it seems that xfce4 desktop bindings are not supported by x2go
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:desktopbindings
and indeed when I log out I still have all the buttons available.

Is there any trick to make it work ? Via polkit ?
Or should I think to switch to a supported desktop environment (mate,
lxde) ?

Thanks for any answer.

Best regards,

Laurent Pouilloux

--
Ingénieur en Calcul Scientifique
Laboratoire de Mécanique des Fluides et d'Acoustique