[X2Go-User] Issues running firefox 45.0.2 remotely with X2go

Jukka Palko jpalko at gmail.com
Mon May 9 07:18:58 CEST 2016

> > The x2go client is archlinux x64, running plasma 5/Kde with latest
> > packages.  x2go client version is: 4.0.5.1-1, xorg-server is 1.18.3-1.
> >
> > The x2go server is also archlinux x64, running Xfce4, with latest
> > packages.  x2go-agent is 3.5.0.32-2, x2goserver is 4.0.1.19-3.
> > xorg-server is 1.18.3-1.
> >
> > Is anyone else having this issue, or have any ideas on how to address
this?

> Kernel: 4.5.1-1-ARCH
> DE: Xfce 4.12
>
> Firefox causes the crash, just like you.
>
> [5685] ###!!! ABORT: Request 131.45: BadRequest (invalid request code or no
> such operation): file
> /build/firefox/src/firefox-46.0/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
> [5685] ###!!! ABORT: Request 131.45: BadRequest (invalid request code or no
> such operation): file
> /build/firefox/src/firefox-46.0/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Same thing with myself on Arch Linux. Seems to happen both with firefox and
thunderbird via x2go xfce sessios and actually die also when using a LXDE
session. Since thunderbird and firefox share some of the codebase, could this
be related to that side?

If I start firefox as a single application from the target machine, I have no
problems with it. Recently also firefox seemed to last running in a remote
xfce session until I typed something into the url bar when it would start
drawing the dropdown of previous urls and crashed.

My client side is Arch Linux running latest stable Cinnamon.