[X2Go-User] Sluggish response

Timo tike64 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 07:38:20 CET 2016

Hi,

X2Go Client v. 4.0.5.0 (Qt - 4.8.6)
GeForce GT 430 1GiB Driver 361.28
x2goserver 4.0.1.19-0~1064~ubuntu14.04.1
Ubuntu 14.04.4 local and remote
ADSL 7/1 Mbps

I have used x2go quite a long time to work from home. It have been
working very nicely. But recently it have started to have very slow
resume and sluggish response. It may take minutes to construct all the
windows in the session at the resume and unminimize. Local desktop goes
very sluggish as well. I have a lot of application windows open and
using full screen session.

I have investigated a little an noticed symptoms like this: When I
resume the session and get a chance to minimize it, I see that memory
usage of graphics card have shot to 100% and Xorg takes 100% CPU. This
happened just this morning. Then I launched Thunderbird locally and saw
that the memory usage dropped to 10% and everything started to behave
normally again. But then I suspended the x2go session, resumed it again
and the same slugginesh and symptoms came back.

I have tried ADSL and WAN connection but didn't see any difference.

What should I try next? Can I somehow force Xorg/x2go not to commit all
graphics memory or something?

--

Timo