[X2Go-User] Reconnect to session

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Mar 9 14:39:15 CET 2016

Hi Michael,

On  Sa 05 Mär 2016 17:38:00 CET, Michael Eager wrote:

> Anyone have any idea why I am unable to reconnect to a running session?

For debugging pyhoca, it is better to provide debug output. Use
--libdebug on the cmdline.

>> At another time, when I connected to a server using x2goclient, it created
>> a new session, rather than re-connecting to the suspended session which was
>> running.  When I tried to connect to the suspended session, nothing
>> happened.
>> The GUI went blank and no X screen was displayed.
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> 1 -- How can I connect to a session which is marked as running?

I am not fully sure if that is supported (I can't remember if I
implemented that). You may try what I write further down under point
3. PyHoca-GUI has a feature called "Transfer session" which basically
is a suspend + pause a bit + resume.

>> 2 -- How can I suspend a session which is running?

(1) from inside the session: x2gosuspend-session
(2) from external (as same user) via ssh user at server
x2gosuspend-session <session_name>

>> 3 -- How can I connect to a suspended session on a server?

Check the pyhoca-cli man page and search for "--resume".

>> 4 -- How can I specify the session to connect to using the pyhoca-cli CLI?

See point 3.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31