[X2Go-User] Want to set the Display number in X2GO client

Roy Chowdhury, Subho subho.roy-chowdhury at hpe.com
Wed Jun 8 12:23:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am new to x2go and for a testing I need to export the display of a centOS docker onto the x2go client.
However, I am facing the issue is the Display number in the x2go client is changing as we connect onto the docker host IP with the specified username and password.
So the DISPLAY variable set for the x2go server in the docker doesn't match with that of the x2go client and hence, it is giving the error "Error: cannot open display:".
Can someone suggest me what I am doing wrong here or if there is any way by which we can set the display number to a specified value for a certain user or if we can make use of some other tool.

Thanks & Regards,
Subho