[X2Go-User] Problems with Clipman in Ubuntu 14.04

ECF Solutions ecf at ecfsolutions.de
Tue Jul 12 20:26:04 CEST 2016

Hello Stefan,

thanks for the hint ... so I worked / tried / googled for several more
hours and couldn't find a way to change the "x-cursor" to an normal
"arrow-cursor" by settings.

The only workaround I found was:

- install lxappearance
- install dmz-cursor-theme
- choose e.g. DMZ-White as cursor theme
-> cursor looks "normal"
nevertheless these settings are lost after logout / reboot

So I took your hint because I recognized that's enougth to call and
close lxappearance without changing anything and the cursor changes when
I login again ...

Now - as a "workaround" (I can't say I like it but's the only way it
works) in
- /home/USER/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
I call a script I placed in /usr/local/bin to start lxappearance and
afterwards I call a script to pkill it 1 second later

Nevertheless I have no time to investigate further at this moment ...
but have too remaining questions:

1) is there a way do determine if a user logs in from outside (this
would be by my xxx.xxx.10.x net) or from a thin client (would be
xxx.xxx.0.x net) ? My idea would be to take this info to prevent the
"workaround" if it is not necessary - because the "x-cursor" only
happens if I login from a thinclient via x2go (I build my own pxe-server
to replace LTSP by x2go btw)

2) are the problems with the clipboard managers in xfce a known issue
and is there a workaround for these?

Thanks for help

Regards Christian

C. Fraesdorff
Ludwigsruher Str. 14 - 74582 Gerabronn
Tel.: 07952 / 92 13 14 - Mobil: 0171 / 14 13 116
Mail: ecf at ecfsolutions.de