[X2Go-User] X2go extension questions

Karres, Dean karres at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 5 17:14:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am running x2go client 4.0.5.1 on a windows machine and connecting to a RedHat rhel 6 machine using x2go from the default yum repo.  I am trying to create custom extensions for our local needs but am having some issues.  Documentation is rather light on this so I hope you guys can shed some light?

First, in the "fail" modalities: are these critical failures?  Does the X2Go session in question survive a failure state?

Next, I have written very simple extension shell scripts that just write the result of the "x2golistsessions" command to syslog and have put these extensions in each of the modality dirs.  I have noticed that the "pre" & "post" "start" scripts do NOT report the process ID of the active session - the is an x2go "sessionID" but not a PID.  When is the PID assigned?  I have done a quick search through the source but it didn't jump out at me.

Lastly, as mentioned above, I most often connect to a linux box from a windows desktop.  I have had occasion to have the desktop -> linux connection going and then connect from a windows laptop into the same linux machine at the same time and as the same username.  The two connections seem to get merged/confused.  Is this normal?

Dean...K...