[X2Go-User] Paid Support?

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Fri Jan 29 17:20:48 CET 2016

Am 29.01.2016 um 16:29 schrieb James M. Pulver:
> I'm trying to see if there's a contact for general support on
> using X2Go, and maybe feature bug fixing.

Yes, there is - that contact would be my company.
We're trying to "channel" all requests through my company and split up
tasks between the individual companies you saw listed on the wiki,
depending on skillset and workload.  Feel free to contact them as
well, though - except for Mike Gabriel (DAS-NETZWERKTEAM), who has
decided to do all his X2Go-related business through me, the others are
available for individual contracting as well.
I would like to brag, though, that my company already has previous
experience doing business with US customers from the academic
environment. ;-)

> The linked sites on the Wiki don't seem to have an English version,
> and there's no obvious contact link or e-mail address.

Thank you for the reminder that we really should update that wiki page.

> I'm mostly looking for a ballpark idea of cost. (i.e. $xx per hour
> or $xxx for an estimate for work)

For customers without a support contract, all companies involved
usually charge 110 EUR/h, taxes not included.*

Lower hourly rates are available for a fixed amount of hours booked in
advance, in connection with a support contract.
Also, project-based "flat rate" pricing is available, too.

*(Note that for US customers, we do not charge VAT, which is in
accordance with German tax law.  As US tax law partially depends on
the state you're in, please check with your tax advisor or otherwise
competent person if you might have to report foreign VAT-free invoices
to the IRS or similar authorities, so they can collect whatever tax
may apply.)

> I'm probably looking at issues on the X2Go Client(cross platforms)
> and a RHEL6 and 7 compatible server (Scientific Linux to be
> exact)...

Feel free to file bugs on our bugtracker and ask for a quote
afterwards, providing us with the bug numbers you would like to see fixe
d.

> Please do contact me if you offer any of these services.

If you have any further questions regarding commercial support or the
background of my company, feel free to contact me off-list, either
using this E-Mail address or the one we use for communicating with
paying customers: kontakt at baur-itcs.de

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

- --