[X2Go-User] Encryption Algorithms

Robert Dinse nanook at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 18 22:56:22 CET 2016

      Is there anyway to specify which encryption algorithms x2go allows or
tries to use?

      I have a problem where I've got the latest and greatest installed,
Ubuntu 15.10, latest client, etc.  I have customers with old Ubuntu like
12.04LTS, and they can't connect with their old x2go clients because it can't
establish a compatible set of encryption.

      I'd like them of course to upgrade their OS and software and they do
understand the reason old algorithms have been blacklisted is that they are
insecure, but they are resistant to doing so for a variety of reasons, hardware
that doesn't work well or at all with modern releases, legacy software they
want to keep running, etc.

      So I'm looking for a fix that will allow them to connect with their
antique software.