[X2Go-User] x2go overwrites LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Thomas Stephan Thomas.Stephan at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Feb 10 18:42:21 CET 2016

Hi,

I am using x2go to connect to machines running Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS. I had
trouble running commands that rely on finding libraries via the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set in a script in /etc/profile.d because this is a
system wide configuration and it needs to be performed once per login.
Using ssh to remote login, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correct:

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib/fsl/5.0

When I login using x2go, LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to be reset and contains
only the entries regarding x2go:

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama:/usr/lib/nx/X11

My guess is that there is probably an error in /usr/bin/x2goruncommand,
along these lines:

test -n "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" && \
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$NX_XINERAMA_LIBS:$NX_LIBS:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" || \
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$NX_XINERAMA_LIBS:$NX_LIBS"
"$X2GO_LIB_PATH/x2gosyslog" "$0" "debug" "exporting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

But I can not see why it is that my path only contains
$NX_XINERAMA_LIBS:$NX_LIBS, and not
$NX_XINERAMA_LIBS:$NX_LIBS:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Thank you for your help!

Best
Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Stephan
Arbeitsgruppe für funktionelle, strukturelle und molekulare Bildgebung

Thomas.Stephan at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
+49 89  4400-74819 (Fon)
+49 89  4400-74801 (Fax)