[X2Go-User] Nightly Build Badly Broke

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Fri Feb 5 00:50:51 CET 2016

On 01.02.2016 08:27 PM, Robert Dinse wrote:

>       I just upgraded to nightly build and it is horribly broken on Ubuntu Wily.
> When I try to connect to a remote site I get:
>
>       Connection failed. mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
>       I can no longer connect to anything.

Please

grep 'mesg' ~/.*
grep -R 'mesg' /etc/

on the remote machine. If there is an mesg call not guarded by tty -s, that's
broken. Question then is: was this call added by you, or is this a bug in the
Ubuntu files themselves?

What you saw is a side-effect of switching to login shells by default.

Mihai