[X2Go-User] Logging x2go connections?

Holger Krause Holger.Krause at med.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Feb 2 17:37:14 CET 2016

Am Freitag, 29. Januar 2016, 23:57:24 schrieb Grigory Shamov:
> Hi All,
>
> This perhaps is a trivial question: but is it possible to somehow
> log/check history of past x2go session on the server?

Hi,

That's something I've been missing from the start. Couldn't X2Go write an
entry to /var/run/utmp and /var/log/wtmp like XDM does? I guess, this would
allow currently logged inn users to be seen in the output of 'w', and 'last'
would also list previous sessions.

As users can connect to my servers directly via ssh as well as via X2Go (and
since lately also via XRDP), I would really appreciate to have one central
place to see how many sessions are open, or to find stale ones. I'm thinking
of entries like:

$ w
USER   TTY FROM LOGIN@  IDLE  JCPU    PCPU  WHAT
krause :0       11:30   ?xdm? 24:15m  0.06s /bin/sh /usr/bin/x-session-manager

I would be very grateful, if something like this would be implemented.

Thanks,

Holger