[X2Go-User] Upcoming Deprecation of EOL Distributions

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Fri Aug 26 22:04:15 CEST 2016

On 26.08.2016 09:42 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On Debian and Ubuntu machines, we inject some MATE branding in
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/, basically by injecting another path into
> $XDG_DATA_DIRS (/usr/share/mate).
>
> In that directory, you can find some tweaks for default applications
> and such (debian-mate-default-settings or ubuntu-mate-default-settings
> by package name).
>
> For autostarting applications, MATE strictly follow the XDG specs by
> freedesktop.org.

A more simple way would be to create a script in ~/bin/, for instance called
"resize.sh" with this content:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 30s
xrandr -s 1680x1050

(Maybe you'll need to adjust the sleeping time, but that's for your
experimentation.)

Then make sure it's executable via "chmod +x ~/bin/resize.sh".

Then use System -> Preferences -> Startup Applications in MATE and then add a
new entry calling this script exactly.

Mihai