[X2Go-User] x2go hang on CentOS7

Chris Collins ccatcmp at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:41:08 CEST 2016

On 25 August 2016 at 10:07, Stefan Baur <X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de> wrote:

> Am 25.08.2016 um 11:01 schrieb Chris Collins:
>
> > So this is a CentOS7 system using SSSD for AD authentication, but using
> > SSH keys
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated!
>
> First idea: Set up an identical test system that uses plain
> user/password or ssh pubkey auth only, see if it occurs there, too.
>
> Second idea: Try to run a desktop environment instead of a single app.
>
> I have a demo server here that runs CentOS7, plain user/pass or SSH
> pubkey auth, and am running MATE as DE on it, no issues.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for responding:

A few tests based on your suggestions:
- enabling password logins I get the same behaviour (client hang, lots of
looping logs).
- Trying a desktop (this box is streamlined so I'm limited, but I installed
Openbox), again exactly the same behaviour
- I can't easily add local accounts, but was able to permit root logins via
SSH for a moment to test and suddenly x2go works for root.

I should point out that SSH works fine. It does look then like it is
related to SSSD / AD, and as I say it seems like the known fixed bug
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=688

Looking at the following part of the logs

 /usr/lib64/x2go/x2gogetdisplays[ db_getdisplays called, server: login02;
return value:

I don't know what this should be returning exactly, but if I run
x2gogetdisplays login02 when x2go is 'running' (client hung) I got nothing
returned. Without any x2go processes, I get

[root at login02 ~]# /usr/lib64/x2go/x2gogetdisplays login02
|50|

On a test VM I get the following response whether there are any x2go
processes or not:

[root at wikitest ~]# /usr/lib64/x2go/x2gogetdisplays wikitest
|50|
|51|

Thanks,

Chris