[X2Go-User] Keyboard issues

Vicker, Darby (JSC-EG311) darby.vicker-1 at nasa.gov
Thu Oct 29 23:05:41 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm having the same issues as described here:

http://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/2015-May/003171.html

In my case its a OSX client (4.0.5.0 – from x2go.org) and a CentOS 7 server (4.0.1.19 – from EPEL).  I'm trying to fire up a MATE session and the keyboard is not set properly when using tcsh as my login shell but it does work properly for bash.  There wasn't a solution in the above thread, other than switching to bash.  Has anyone found a workaround for tcsh?  More info on my investigation.

I would greatly appreciate any help in figuring out the problem or a good workaround.

Thanks,
Darby

In either case I get a message on login that says:

Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
 a bug in libxklavier library
 a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
 X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
70000000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
 The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
 The result of gsettings list-keys org.mate.peripherals-keyboard-xkb.kbd

I'm sure this is related but since my keyboard is fine on base I don't think this is the root cause.

>From a session that works (bash):

~/.x2go/session.log says "keyboard file created"
~/.x2go/keyboard:
rules=base
model=empty
layout=empty
variant=
options=

$ setxkbmap -print
xkb_keymap {
xkb_keycodes  { include "xfree86+aliases(qwerty)" };
xkb_types     { include "complete" };
xkb_compat    { include "complete" };
xkb_symbols   { include "pc+us" };
xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc104)" };
};

>From a session that doesn't work (tcsh):

~/.x2go/session.log says "keyboard file not created: Is a directory"
~/.x2go/keyboard file missing