[X2Go-User] installing and running x2goserver on a slackware64 linux system

Athanasios Silis athanasios.silis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 01:13:40 CEST 2015

Hi all,
I am trying to get the x2goserver to work on slackware.
I have downloaded the source tarball v4.0.1.19 , compiled and installed it.

Then on a windows 7 pc , I installed x2goclient and PyHOCA-gui. I tried
both to no avail. A session seems to be created but nothing shows up on the
screen (note that I am trying to run a simple command: either
"startfluxbox" or "xterm").

I changed loglevel to "debug" in /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf

I logged (tail -f) under /var/log , the files : debug , syslog , messages ,
while starting a new session. This <http://codepad.org/AeQOQenR>is what
came up.

The only out of the ordinary I see here is that , It seems port ffwd from
localhost to itself are not allowed by sshd . How can that be?
Firewall allows all local connections
iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
openssh server allows X11 forwarding
X11Forwarding yes

so why would the sshd connection fail?
Also is this the problem or is there something else I may have overlooked?

Note that for slackware I had to add a few perl modules:
        cpan install Config::Simple
        cpan install DBD::SQLite
        cpan install File::ReadBackwards
        cpan install Capture::Tiny
        cpan install Unix::Syslog
then I run
        x2godbadmin --createdb

after that seems to be " running" (for example I checked x2goversion).

Thank you all for your help!
Thanassis