[X2Go-User] Massive beginner's woes

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Oct 5 00:15:28 CEST 2015

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Stefan Baur <X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de> wrote:
> As to why you are being told that you are in a desktop session, but
> aren't seeing a remote desktop - it would be helpful to know which
> desktop environment you picked when setting up the session.

Xfce, and it is installed on the server--in fact, I'm current using it
quite happily with NoMachine, and TigerVNC.  But I would like to have
x2go as an alternative to NoMachine, which, as I'm sure you know,
isn't open source anymore.

I still wonder whether I want a Desktop, Rootless or Shadow session,
and where and how that aspect is controlled.

Thanks for your help and patience.

b.