[X2Go-User] Massive beginner's woes

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Oct 4 23:59:01 CEST 2015

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Stefan Baur <X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de> wrote:
> Desktop/rootless/shadow depends on what you intend to use X2Go for.
> These settings are configured on the client, and can be set/changed
> individually for every connection you decide to set up (they're saved
> as "tiles" you can click on to start a connection).

Assuming local client that wants a desktop on a remote server, which
of the above would that be?  BTW I don't get a chance to click on the
tiles.  As the session starts, it asks for a passphrase (I put in my
private rsa key) and then it briefly shows a window which I believe
may be where those tiles are located. But it disappears almost
immediately and brings up another window with the session details,
which tells me I'm in a "Desktop" session.

Does the list accept screenshot images?

> You did take a look at our getting started/first steps section in the
> Wiki, right?
> http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:usage:x2goclient#getting_started_my_fi
> rst_session_profile

I did, and have double-checked it multiple times.

Thanks.

b.