[X2Go-User] How to choose a desktop for a remote session?

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EMEA.NEC.COM
Fri Nov 13 12:25:49 CET 2015

Hi,

I have a question about VcXsrv, not x2go explicitly, I hope that's ok to ask here.

I'm running VcXsrv 1.17 on Windows 8.1 and want to display an app that runs on a Fedora 21 machine running Gnome.  VcXsrv displays the app fine but the mouse doesn't work.  I'm thinking that this is because I'm running Gnome and so tried installing KDE on the Fedora box.

What I don't understand is this: is VcXsrv actually aware of which desktop is running and, if so, how would I force the app to run under KDE for the VcXSrv session?

Best regards

David