[X2Go-User] MATE desktop (Ubuntu Mate 15.10) cannot access in fullscreen mode

Simon Baev simonbaev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:11:55 CET 2015

Robert,

Thank you for the advise, but the are complications...

   - I use this remote desktop from two different machines. One has native
   desktop resolution of 4k (didn't have a chance to try your workarounds on
   it yet) and the other one has native resolution of 1680x1050 I tested your
   workaround for fullscreen on 1680x1050 machine and it almost worked. I can
   select closest mode of 1600x900 and panels work OK. But when I set
   resolution to native 1680x1050 they (panels) are no longer accessible. I
   tried to change resolution in GUI and via xrandr -- result is the same. I
   noticed one fact that list of modes in Fedora (hosting machine where X2Go
   client is running), as reported by xrandr is different from the list of
   modes reported on the remote host, but both show 1680x1050 as an option.
   The only difference would be that in Fedora it comes with 59.95*+ rate but
   in the remote host it comes with 60.00 Could this be a reason for native
   resolution not to work in fullscreen mode as expected (with accessible
   panels)?

   - If I configure the session to use entire display, in my case Display 1
   (the only available option), I can use Ctrl+Alt+<left or right> to switch
   workspaces on the remote host but not switch between applications.

Thank you.

--
Simon

--