[X2Go-User] x2goserver on Ubuntu Mate 15.04 with 4k monitor and high font-rendering DPI

Simon Baev simonbaev at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:05:02 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to run *x2goserver* on *Ubuntu Mate 15.04* which is
living on computer with *4k monitor* attached. I changed *DPI* settings in
Control Center -> Appearance -> Fonts -> Details to *168* to let all
applications look good when I work on that machine locally.

When I connect to this machine using *x2goclient* running on
 another Ubuntu Mate 15.04 (attached monitor has resolution of 1680x1050,
fullscreen mode) I am seeing *huge* fonts (as expected) because it also
uses dpi of 168 for that remote connection.

*My question*: would it be possible to run *pre-connection* (and then
post-connection) script(s) to temporally change DPI to "normal" value of 96
before and recover it back to 168 upon completion of the x2go session? I
guess it can be done by running "*gsettings set org.mate.font-rendering dpi
96*" command but I'm not sure where to include this command. And also I'm
not sure how to protect against abnormal session termination... what if
session will terminate without recovering DPI back to 168?

Thanks.

--
Simon