[X2Go-User] X2Go Two-factor-authentication with SecurID

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Mon Mar 16 17:07:53 CET 2015

On 16.03.2015 04:53 PM, swizz ly wrote:
> I have found the problem. The prompt of the SSH server is coded in the
> source code of x2goclient.
> We use for authentication via SecurID a different SSH promtp to
> emphasize the difference. Last week I already changed the prompt of
> the SecurID prompt to be the same as the normal SSH, but I didn't
> notice the blank after the "Password: "...
> Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get the blank space at the end of
> "Password: ". So I just edited the source code of the x2goclient, and
> changed the line where the expected prompt is defined.
> This solution worked.
> Would it make sense to include the expected ssh prompt as a parameter
> in x2go in order to avoid having to recomplie the source code in a
> such case?

Hum, maybe. I would be a really obscure setting, though. Is there no
default other than "Password: "? Adding/hardcoding other defaults is
definitely an option. Everybody else who deviates from that is basically
on their own -- so a parameter would make sense.

Then again, how much sense does that make as a default parameter?
Suppose you have multiple sessions and want to connect to different
servers -- which also happen to have different prompts. A global command
line parameter would make connecting to one prompt type possible (only.)

This probably should be a per-session preference, if anything. But the
use case is so special that I'm unsure whether it makes sense as a
general setting in the client or not...

Mihai