[X2Go-User] X2Go stops working with Apple OS Upgrade

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Mon Mar 16 16:07:15 CET 2015

On 16.03.2015 03:34 PM, Cohen, Neil wrote:
> I upgraded my Mac to Yosemite on Friday, and X2Go stopped working this
> morning. I was told to delete and re-install Xquartz, which I did, but
> it still fails.

Have you set /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app as the X server path in
the general settings?

> Question 1 – where are the log files for X2Go? The error flashes on
> the screen and disappears too quickly for me to read – I think it is
> telling me my display host is invalid, but I’m not sure

There are no log messages generated by default (none you would see, at
least.) You will have to start x2goclient manually, like so:

/Path/To/x2goclient.app/Contents/MacOS/x2goclient --debug

Change /Path/To/ accordingly.

> Question 2 – Is this a known problem with Yosemite? What do I have to
> do to fix it?

It shouldn't be, but then I am using Mavericks and overhauled the
XQuartz handling (amongst other things) lately on the yet unreleased
master branch.

Also, please make sure to use the newest version.

Mihai