[X2Go-User] PATH clobbered with X2Go client 4.0.3.0+

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 17:02:46 CET 2015

I'm using X2Go to connect to a GNOME session running on CentOS 6.

With X2Go clients prior to 4.0.3.0 all is well.  With clients 4.0.3.0
and above on both Windows and Linux I'm seeing a problem with the
PATH environment variable:  any changes to PATH made by scripts in
/etc/profile.d are lost; all other environment settings made by these
scripts are OK.

Changes made to PATH in ~/.bash_profile are respected, so that's a
workaround.

Something about newer clients is breaking PATH:  any clues as to what
it might be, or how I can track down what's happening?

Ron