[X2Go-User] Questions about sessions

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Mar 5 09:08:35 CET 2015

Hi all,

On  Di 03 Mär 2015 15:56:54 CET, Mihai Moldovan wrote:

> I don't like this, because it's inconvenient if you explicitly want to
> start a new session with the same characteristics. In my opinion, the
> session list should always be provided if one session (no matter the
> settings or state) is running on the server.

IIRC, you can righ-click on the session card in X2Go Client and then
you _always_(TM) get the running/suspended session selector widget
before actually connecting to the session.

I just heard that once from Heinz or Alex, never verified it, though.

Furthermore, I think we face different use cases here.

I agree with Mihai, that it is awkward, landing in a session that one
maybe does not want. I often run multiple sessions of the same desktop
type for the same user. More often, multiple sessions of different
session types for the same user (which also fails due to X2Go Client
auto-connecting). However, I am not bothered by that isssue as I use
PyHoca-GUI, not X2Go Client.

So, for X2Go Client as a thin client in multi-user environments, you
surely surely what the session auto-resuming behaviour. Also on
machines that have smart card readers in place for authentication.
Various setups that we have to consider here.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31