[X2Go-User] x2goserver on Ubuntu Mate 15.04 with 4k monitor and high font-rendering DPI

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:27:26 CEST 2015

Robert Dinse píše v Pá 26. 06. 2015 v 05:32 -0700:
>       In Mate, if you go into System->Preferences->Look and Feel
> ->Appearance,
> then select the "Fonts" tab, in the lower right click on "Details",
> then in
> the upper left you can set the resolution to whatever DPI you want.
> This
> works with X2Go, NX protocol with Remmina, and pretty much everything
> else
> I've tried.

It surely does, because it is the same as the command:
gsettings set org.mate.font-rendering dpi XX

Using GUI is great for a once-set-do-not-touch-anymore action, but when
you need to change the DPI often...

Anyway, the aim is to use DPI settings as per x2go client setup. It
seems that in MATE, once the user sets hiw own value, the DPI from
xorg.conf is ignored (which sounds logical but does not fit the bill
for our use). xrandr --dpi XX in the running x2go session also does not
have any effect.

Milan