[X2Go-User] x2goserver on Ubuntu Mate 15.04 with 4k monitor and high font-rendering DPI

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 13:34:54 CEST 2015

Simon Baev píše v Čt 21. 05. 2015 v 14:22 -0400:
> I saw this setting but for some reason it didn't affect anything when
> I changed it to 96. Could it be caused by the fact that ongoing (not
> logged out) session was active on the server (physical console) while
> I was trying to remotely connect to it via X2Go?
>
> The only way I found to connect to that server with reasonable DPI
> was to create a separate user that runs default settings, but that
> doesn't seem to be a good fix.

I switched recently from KDE 4 to MATE (Arch Linux) and can see the
same behaviour with MATE: x2goserver/nxagent ignores the dpi settings
set in x2goclient.

I had not had time to investigate this further and for now worked
around that by placing two launchers on my desktop and running them
manually in the current session:

For local sessions:
gsettings set org.mate.font-rendering dpi 107

For x2go sessions:
gsettings set org.mate.font-rendering dpi 96

It works on the fly, only some apps (skype) need to be closed and
restarted.

I believe one could use .config/autostart/ and some script with tests
of the environment to set the proper DPI during log-in phase. This
would resolve the issue with uncleanly terminated sessions. Perhaps it
may not work for published apps.

I hope to look at the issue later (well, just a cheap promise...)

Milan